Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Little Summer Prep

So what do I have planned for summer knitting? Um, more scarves and shawls of course!
If you're wondering when I'll have "enough" that won't come until I run out of patterns I want to make.... so basically never. I'm sure at some point I'll tire of lace and move on, but for now I really enjoy it so I'm running with it!

I'm constantly pairing yarns with patterns and thinking about what to knit next. Inevitably, I change my mind a few times before any actual knitting occurs, and there are always new patterns that often distract me too. But I'm hoping to knit up these yarns this summer -- such a pretty rainbow!

From left to right:
Handmaiden Swiss Mountain Mulberry/Tussah (worsted weight, Topaz color)
Malabrigo Sock (fingering weight, Indiecita color)
Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! (sport weight, Orchid Mantis color)
more Bugga! (Sharpshooter Leafhopper color -- yes they love the crazy names!)
Kelpie Fibers Superwash Sock (fingering weight, Name of the Rose color)


I love seeing the hanks all uncoiled

With some help from my ball winder and Tinker Toy swift they are all tidy and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment