Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazy-Quilt Fabric Coasters!




































They turned out rather wild!

Amazingly I didn't go mad dealing with all of these teeny tiny pieces. I have so very little patience as a sewer, but these went together reasonably quickly.

Not that I've ever actually done this as a quilt, but I think I pieced these using a crazy quilt method. You stack up the fabric, cut all at once and then rearrange the order of the cut stacks of pieces. Then sew a bazillion seams and hope for the best. I got to use some scrappy bits for this and forced myself to let go of being too matchy-matchy.

1 comment:

  1. These are really, really gorgeous! I've been needing some pretty coasters around my house, and I intend to do some of them like this! Such wonderful inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete