Saturday, April 4, 2009

Birthday and Disney clothes



My little boy turns 3 this week! We're doing a Disney Cars theme party so I whipped together the birthday banner above with the Cars prints I have. This was so fun and fast to make, I can see why people make yard after yard of them! This would be a fun way to brighten up a sewing area with some favorite prints. :)
And I managed to finish all my Disney clothes for him and his little brother too. I already shared the iron-on transfer Ts I made, now here they are with shorts! I'm not normally matchy-matchy, it really just happened.



I used two different shorts pattern - my basic Kwik Sew "Sewing for Toddlers" and also the Huck Finn pants from Heather Ross's "Weekend Sewing" book. I actually made the 18-month size of the Huck Finn pants for my nephew and had my almost-3 year try them on. They were actually wide enough just a funny length. So I shorted about 3 inches and now they are board shorts!



Here's the Cars set (Kwik Sew shorts)


And one for little Ben:

2 comments:

  1. Love the banner! That's a great idea! And the clothes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner is a great little project - very little time but very nice results!

    ReplyDelete