Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Month - Another upcoming Stitch Party

OK so the first and last Spool Sewing Stitch party I went to (with designer Jay McCarroll) was quite a madhouse and not quite the show-and-tell I was hoping for, but I can't resist marking my calendar for the next one. This time Heather Ross will be there signing her new book Weekend Sewing. I just got my copy of this book a few days ago and I *LOVE* it! There have been so many of these fabric designer/pattern author's books published recently and I'm sad to say that many of them are just not that good. Same old patterns beautifully photographed in luscious prints are still just same old patterns. But Weekend Sewing is such a joy! OK, I'm not that thrilled with the sewing for home section -- I'll likely just make the travel pouch and maybe the everything tote (though I have a lot of bags!) But the patterns for children and adults are great! I'm definitely trying out the summer blouse for me, the Kai shirt for Nate, Huck pants for Ben and the flower girl dress for my niece! The Weekend Sewing Tips and Tricks and Design Challenge on Heather Ross's blog are overflowing with ideas on variations and most of all inspiration.
Now I'm wondering if I can get that Summer blouse (or some variation of it) made in time for the Stitch party! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment