Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hopscotch Bag and More in the Works!



Yes yes, another bag. I'm definitely on a bag-making kick but I've already got the patterns so what's a girl to do? I'd like to say this is the last one, but I know it's not. The PortoBello Pixie Market Bag pattern is waiting impatiently (as is the Andalusia fabric for it) and I'm curious how it stacks up against my much-beloved AB Swing Bag. Then I scored a barely half-yard of a long-desired print (RK Florentine, pics below) and figured that it would be perfect as a tote. Add on the deliciously cute gathering bucket from the Sew Mama Sew blog, perhaps a larger version of this Hopscotch bag as a summer tote... you see my problem.

Anyway, here is the latest one! It's the Melly & Me Hopscotch Bag, really more like a purse as it's quite a bit smaller than my usual carry-alls. The fun prints are from Jay McCarroll's lines: Woodland Wonderful and Garden Friends. I so love the Rust colored zigzag that I have a skirt planned for it too!



Close-up:


Braided handles:


Of course I added some pockets inside, and another tipped pocket!


And that Robert Kaufman Florentine fabric I mentioned above. Oh how I love it! Here's the very odd bit that I got:

But I should be able to eek out a tote bag looking roughly like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment