Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birdie Sling

You might be wondering - hey what happened to the quilt? I'm still working on it - it's quilted and the binding has been machine stitched on. Now I'm working on hand-stitching the binding to the back of the quilt. It's my TV-watching activity and it's going to take many shows to finish but I am getting there!

In the meanwhile here's another recently completed project! It's the Amy Butler Birdie Sling pattern in Denyse Schmidt Country Fair home-dec weight prints. This is one HUGE bag! I really like the way it came together except that I wish I hadn't used fusible fleece interfacing in the handle. It's a bit too stiff. I'm hoping that some use will soften it up and make it a bit floppier. I really like the pleating on the outside and the simple structure on the inside. I changed the pockets on one side - I like a rather small pocket for my word ID badge.

In progress - I love these prints!


Peak inside at my small pocket and lining. I love adding a bit of detail to the top of pockets now (see my AB Swing bag too). I think it looks fun and it helps you find the pocket too!

All done!

1 comment: