I'm not sure it's fair to call this my *first* quilt since I started and abandoned a rail fence quilt last year. Apparently my 1/4" seams were not 1/4" and nothing was aligning correctly. :( It was very frustrating and while I'd like to get back to it one day, who knows when that will be.
But I'm trying again, this time with the easy and very forgiving Brick Path pattern from Amy Butler. It's one of the free patterns on her site.
I got all my "bricks" cut out, arranged them and pieced the top together! Next I need to trim it even, pin the back, quilt, and bind! I'm skipping the batting since I'm using a very fuzzy/furry backing. I already did a test quilting piece with it and no problems. I'm planning on doing a simple stitch in the ditch quilting. Too much quilting on the furry fabric looks odd.
Here's how it looks so far!
All cut and arranged:
And hopefully soon I'll have more progress to report!