Monday, March 23, 2009

Forget applique, I've discovered iron-on transfers


I think I've given up on applique -- these iron-on transfers are fun and fast and look perfect!
I really am THRILLED how these came out! They even wash and dry and still look great. You just print out the images on an inkjet printer, trim with scissors and iron on.
I bought the transfer paper here (and the seller made the Thomas names fill above for me too):
www.amymickey.com

They are mostly for our upcoming trip to Disney World, plus some of the many many birthdays coming up.
In my Disney planning on the disboards.com I stumbled into a subforum where people make all kinds of great custom designs for others. Kind of like I stumbled into a DIY subforum on thebabywearer.com and started sewing 2 years ago.

I have loads of Cars, Wall-E, Nemo, Mickey, Princess,Thomas, etc. to make shorts and skirts for the kids to go with their shirts! Here's a set I just gave to my nephew for his birthday


I made 24 shirts (so far), here are mine and my 3-year-old's:




Some of my Disney/Thomas fabric stash -- lots of toddler clothes in the works!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! My son LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDD Thomas and he would have loved a shirt like this with his name!!! You are the best mom EVER!! Have a great trip!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!
    This is definitely a project anyone can do with wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete