Friday, April 2, 2010

The Easter Bunny is here!



Sometimes a project just sneaks in and you just have to go with it. Fortunately this one was pretty quick, about 3 nights. With an Easter egg hunt last weekend, more Easter plans this weekend, a sudden rise in temperatures and cherry blossoms blooming, I needed a fun spring project. A bunny must be made!


I chose Rabbit (free!) by Susan B. Anderson, author of Itty Bitty Toys and other fun things. Rabbit is a cousin of Ribbit and shares his fun unique twist -- the body is stuffed with a tennis ball!

Overall it was an easy project, and I pretty much followed the pattern as is. I love the ear shaping and the pom pom tail.
Raveled here


For yarn I used KnitPicks Comfy Worsted. Again, I can't believe how much I like this cotton/acrylic blend when I previously hated the cotton and acrylics I had tried. It's cheap and comes in lots of fun colors. Of course I made this bunny pink since it's Nate's favorite color. :)
I've been gathering up the Comfy yarn for a while now. Anytime I make an order with Knitpicks I seem to toss a few balls of Comfy in with it. It's become quite a collection!

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of these tennis ball projects before. The bunny turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete