Monday, January 12, 2009

Aprons Aplenty

I decided it's time to finally make an apron with one of the many apron patterns I have. After picking which pattern to use, going through my stash and coming up with a few combinations, I made a decision and cut the fabrics. I chose the Emmeline apron from Sew Liberated, and Farmer's Market prints for each side and the trim.
Then... I got distracted. ;)

The apron I'm planning is VERY girlie so I had to made something for my husband to use too. Also, another toddler birthday snuck up on me and I thought a cute apron was in order. So my apron is still yet to be sewn but I did get these other two completed!

I didn't use a pattern for either, just copied (literally, I just traced around) ones we already had.

Here is the toddler one -- Michael Miller laminated Play Lolli Dot, with MM bias trims plus a simple orange print for the straps.


Close-up -- I just love these fun pindot trims


And one for my husband (and me, I love love love this print!)
Lizzie Dish fabric backed with denim with denim straps.





Both of these were so fun and fast! The Emmeline pattern has quite a few more steps, but I will get it done!

1 comment: