Monday, June 29, 2009

Quilt Inspiration - loads of links

I've definitely been bitten by the quilting bug! As a newbie, I've been collecting ideas and inspiration left and right. With so many gorgeous designs out there, it's hard to know where to start and how to choose. But it's definitely fun browsing!

I've become a big fan of all things Denyse Schmidt:
her quilts, her fabric lines, style. Clearly, I need to get her book now too!

A few great quilting/sewing blogs:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Quilting' Like Crazy
Film in the Fridge
Tallgrass Prairie Studio
See Katie Sew

Quilt-a-long groups on Flikr -- I love looking at quilts! It's also fun to see how so many variations in color and scale really change the overall look even with the same basic pattern. Here just a few, but you can really get lost for hours looking for quilts and quilt groups on there.
Old Red Barn Quiltalong
Coin Quilt Piece-a-long
Quilt-a-long

Cool tutes:
Spiderweb
String Quilt (paper pieced) - someday I will make one of these!
modified Bento Box
Wonky Log Cabin
Crazy Nine-patch

3 comments:

  1. Great list of blogs Jaime...I love Oh Fransson too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a great one too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you're going to have so much fun Jaime! I think you would like the Fresh Modern Quilts group on Flickr too!

    ReplyDelete